My journey towards a "DREAM COME TRUE"
Posted Monday, January 06, 2014 // 5:40 PM
Just when I thought it would never happen. Then today, I woke up realizing this is what I have dreamt for so long, this was what I kept on praying for months ago, the one that I have been ranting about on my previous entry, the one I have been asking God for it happen.. Then it came, UNEXPECTEDLY.
"This is my journey towards being a Flight Attendant, my journey towards a dream come true. "
This goes out to all those dreamers out there, to those who failed so many times, to the ones who keep on believing still. and to the ones who have
Remember dreamers,
"NOTHING EARNED EASY IS WORTH KEEPING"
I walked in that hotel, trying to compose myself up, with the same fear that seem to have consumed me that day. That fear seem to have held me back way too strong, because i was truly afraid of experiencing the same pain, i was too afraid that when the day ends, I might have to tell myself again that
"Dahly, its fine, maybe its not yet time".
This might be another day of drowning myself to bed, and ask AGAIN ,
WHYYYYYY?!
The confidence that had seem to hid itself in the pages my diaries i didn't know how to gather them all up ONCE MORE for a new battle. Indecisive I was, but it seemed like I just pushed myself because at the back of my head, im still holding on to that dream, at the back of my head something tells me that if I don't try today, I just let it slipped away without me fighting for it.
So once again, i told myself, "SO WHAT? GO SELF!" :)
So i walked into that room and memories, i mean BAD memories just came flashing in. , faces of few friends who once told me that I CAN'T.my heart was pounding like hell, my knees didn't stand strong , but i knew I had to keep walking.
1st STAGE: PHYSICAL TEST
Scars, elbows, knees, teeth, HEIGHT, eyes, arms, legs, even your nails EVERYTHING! The person checking me was looking at me like I was a criminal. They will let you say few words, like your name and stuff. Check on your CV. Then you wait.
If you pass, you'll get a GREEN CARD,
If you don't you'll get the RED CARD.
So after looking at me that harsh, she gave me that GREEN CARD. HAPPY? Yes maybe, but still I idn't have my hopes held high still. Went to the next round :
2nd STAGE: IMPACT INTERVIEW
You'll be in a group of five. Then they will ask you some random questions about yourself. And like you have to compete in getting her attention, you're in a group and you have to stand out from the others. She asked about my job, my family and the classic QUESTION of "why do you want to be a cabin crew" , which in return I answered with the most CLASSIC answer, "because I wan't to travel the world". *giggles*
I honestly didn't have that much enthusiasm about these kind of interviews. I don't know why. Its just that.
Then she made us step out and told us to wait. the waiting time was too much of an AGONY. I was silently praying, PLEASE LORD? this time PLEASE?
Then she handed me that GREEN CARD AGAIN saying
"Congratulations you made it to the Final Interview"
3rd STAGE: FINAL INTERVIEW
My final interview was kind hard, because there were two people who alternately throws questions on me.
but I tried to behave properly even if my nervousness have seem to bury me alive~
They asked me is it my first time to apply, i said definitely NO, they made me narrate all those airlines from the very first time up to that day. They made me act using Nihongo coz of my Nihongo Skills. then
Some of the mainstream questions again, that i forgot but here are few questions I remember VERBATIM.
What is your strength?
"I AM A DREAMER. I dream high.I never settle for mediocrity"
What is your weakness?
(I said straight to the point: )
"REJECTION."
They asked "of what? "
(I said:)
"AIRLINE COMPANIES"
they asked "Why" *like it was funny for them.*
I've been rejected once, twice, maybe more. i dont remember anymore. It hurts.
then why are you still here?
Because this is my dream, this is what i want and of all the uncertainty in my life this is the only thing i am certain about.
"If we don't accept you AGAIN today, what will you do?"
(I was like? OMG?! what the fudge, is this it AGAIN?-- but i just answered: )
"Its fine. You'll see me again the NEXT TIME you come here. I AM NOT GIVING UP.
Then they asked me to stand up, take few steps, measured my waistline, and said to me,
"okay wait outside. "
Yeah. I know my answers were dramatic but i made them all straight. What can I do? all blogs about interviews just say, "BE YOURSELF", that's it. I just took it from that. I haven't healed myself from all my frustrations and whatever comes first to my mind , that's what I say.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the agony of waiting AGAIN.
The four other girls ahead of me, they were called at the same time to enter the room. They were pretty, tall and seem to be smart. Nurses mostly. Then I just sat there alone, i was telling myself that time:
Here it goes again. See? I said, "Dahly sanay naman ka ani, okay rana, dili pa jud siguro nimo time." I was convincing myself to be okay but honestly I just wanted to vanish and like SLEEP!
then they came out, their faces weren't happy. I asked what happened but no one gave me an answer. They just looked at me and SMILED then walked.
Then that WOMAN called me. She wasn't smiling even! so I was like..... *
okay fine, I KNOW. just let me go home. "
okay fine, I KNOW. just let me go home. "
Then, she took this one OUT and hanged it on my neck.
I was soooooo STUNNED. It was as if joining a REALITY SHOW On T.V haha!! Superrrbb! then I looked up to her, and she said :
"CONGRATULATIONS"
So the tears that I have been holding back for like 5 hours just came flowing. I can't explain how happy I was. I really did not expect it to happen that time.
But yes!!! finally!! I waited long enough, patience is always a virtue.
Remember dreamers, it will happen when it's suppose to happen.
Like I always say,
"IT TAKES A LITTLE PATIENCE AND A LOT OF FAITH, BUT IT WILL ALWAYS , ALWAYS BE WORTH THE WAIT."
I wouldn't know how to answer if not for all the interviews that I have failed, I woudn't know how important it is to be early if not for the interviews that I have missed. I wouldn't be this strong believer I am today if not for the rejections I had before, and I wouldn't appreciate it TODAY , if GOD didn't taught me WELL ENOUGH how to be PATIENT.
See,
4 montsh, i was so frustrated because of this dream & 4 months after,
HERE I AM WALKING IN MY DREAMS.
it can happen tomorrow, the next week or the next few months. )
Guys, DREAMS DO COME TRUE. They DO COME TRUE.
I might have not made it the very first time i tried, i may have not made at those times i held my hopes high, it may did not happen when i wanted it sooooo BAD, but God gave it TO ME at the most PERFECT TIME of my life.
So if you feel like giving up on your dream, push it ONCE MORE. if you fail, just TRY AGAIN.
Do not give up on your dream just because of the time you need to accomplish it, do not give up just because some said you can't, do not give up just because you failed sooo many times, DO NOT GIVE UP because that is your dream, because that is what YOU WANT. DO NOT GIVE UP because deep down YOU KNOW YOU CAN!
Do not give up on your dream just because of the time you need to accomplish it, do not give up just because some said you can't, do not give up just because you failed sooo many times, DO NOT GIVE UP because that is your dream, because that is what YOU WANT. DO NOT GIVE UP because deep down YOU KNOW YOU CAN!
Remember again dreamers,
"Your dreams are meant to happen, just don't leave them. "
so....Keep pushing it. dreams do come true. BELIEVE and you are halfway there. :)
so....Keep pushing it. dreams do come true. BELIEVE and you are halfway there. :)
FLY WITH ALL YOU SOON.
xo,
the dreamer
P.S: Will make an entry about my CABIN CREW TRAINING with 5J.
Just when I thought this job was all about glamour and beauty,
Reality slapped it straight to my face that IT's NOT. *laughs*
Enjoy and thanks for reading~
Labels: dream do come true

Quite some time, I have been keepin this lil thing. 8 years of happiness and pain. This started as a fan-girl blog turned into words of hopes, dreams and reality. I am Dahly and this is my journey towards dreaming the bigger dreams and making them all come true.
Stay Blessed Always.
xoxo,
f.meteora

BE AN INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT ATTENDANT!
PARIS!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
... Back to the blog?